I am looking to buy a luxury, sporty suv or crossover that is reliable. I would appreciate feedback, thank you!

Asked by Aug 22, 2016 at 07:13 PM

Also, the smaller the better!

Also I am looking for a pre-owned vehicle.

14,195

How small are you talking?

14,195

Subaru Crosstrek?

14,195

The Subaru Crosstrek comes in a regular and hybrid .

Something a bit more lux than a Subaru?

14,195

AnnQ-. OK, what's your budget...? I'm not saying that the Subaru Outback Limited is a luxury car, but, fully loaded with leather interior, heated seats, etc . is pretty nice....They go for around $37,000 brand new.... Have you looked at a later model Subaru Outback lately?? As far as I'm concerned, it's a good value for the money... Sure, you can spend way more on a Lexus or Mercedes , but, WHY? And, Asian cars seem to last longer with fewer repairs....and there's also a Cadillac SRX....you are going to spend more money....

60

A Subaru of any sort in NOT Luxury! More like rattle bang blow the head gaskets and rust away. The Lexus RX-350 is legendary for it's performance and reliability.

14,195

Hoot_Toot- WOW, some attitude! Here's some real statistics, http://www.truedelta.com/Lexus-RX-vs-Subaru-Outback-reliability- comparison,164-253

60

A typical Subaru is an oil burner with head gaskets waiting to blow. Avoid avoid avoid. Lexus or Toyota are the best bets.

14,195

Hoot_Toot- you know, your comments are sweeping generalizations, drivel, and not helpful to the millions of Subaru car owners over the past 45 plus years. Many cars including some Toyota's burn some oil and you are really ignorant of the many strides Subaru has made with their re-designed multi layered head gaskets introduced in the 2010 models. See this article below from Consumers Reports, http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/06/excessive -oil-consumption/index.htm

14,195

By the way, my 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 with the Lineartronic CVT transmission does NOT burn excessive oil. Normal oil consumption happens on all cars... it varies, but, all cars use some oil...

I would love to only spend 20K on a pre-owned. I am narrowing it down to the Infiniti EX35 and Lexus RX350. I test drove the Lexus NX200 and really liked it but oldest year for this new model is 2015. My fave vehicle of all time that I have owned was the 280Z. Apparently the sporty Infiniti crossovers are descendants of the 350Z? Thoughts? In Colorado where I live the Subaru is THE car to own, so yes Mark you nailed it. It had the reputation of granola head and weed head (maybe not a bad thing?) but has transended well into other more mainstream markets.

14,195

AnnQ- I purchased my 2010 Subaru Outback Limited in May 2014 as a certified pre-owned vehicle, and took out an extended mechanical breakdown warranty for three years, $100 deductible... have NEVER had to use it. Purchased car with 66,000 miles, now just over 80,000, no problems at all. Car performs like new. It's pretty loaded with standard equipment and leather seats, CVT, Bluetooth, upgraded sound system etc. I paid $22,000 plus tax, these cars hold their value . All I can say is , make sure you get a certified pre- owned vehicle from a new car dealership. They have to maintain their stellar reputation for selling new and late model cars. YES- it makes a difference where you purchase your car.. As for utility and comfort, Subaru makes a very nice car. Don't know if you need it for AWD, but , we took our car down an unmaintained road in Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park and it was a champ. Got us there and back through a very knarly road that was in places washed out completely. The AWD in this vehicle is pretty amazing and even the flat Four which we have is pretty powerful. I purchased this car to replace my old Honda Accord EX station wagon that was too low to the ground to effectively pull my teardrop trailer, here's a pic of my rig.

14,195

I see that you are in Colorado....you should check one of these out..

Thank you for the pic Mark...handsome rig! Practical too! I would appreciate any thoughts on the Infiniti EX35 or EX37 and/or FX from anyone?

14,195

AnnQ Thank you, we've taken 14 trips in 2 1/2 years in the teardrop trailer. We got almost 22 MPG on our last trip. Please take a look at this website for the Infinity, but, if you have a choice to get a Lexus, it would be a better bet. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Infiniti/