Brakes

40

Asked by Aug 21, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Brakes are starting to squeal when
applying brakes.  Grand am

1,475

Well that can be a number of things-- could be just plain dirty- in which cleaning your brakes will alleviate the squealing. The other and more likely issue is the the brake pads are low and need to be replaced, and if they're low enough to grind, you may need rotors as well. Do you have pictures of the squealing brakes? If not, you should take some, so we can be more specific with the solution.

24,825

If they are low, there is a metal tab that will come into contact with the rotor in order to make that "low brakes" squeal. It's saying "fix me."