My 2008 Saturn Aura XE runs fine after the 1st start of the day. But once I stop, turn off the engine, then come back to leave again, it won't start.

Asked by Aug 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM

It needs a couple to 3 hours before it’ll start again. Have had it in the shop several times: starter, starter solenoid, battery, battery cable (negative), ignition switch all replaced, still no solution to the problem. Alternator checks out fine. Any ideas?

20

buy a new one

20

blown head gasket maybe

Your answers are BULLSHIT! A waste of my time!

Very arrogant of you, whoever you are, to suggest I "buy a new one". And what in the hell would a blown head gasket have to do with the problem I described?

52,045

mranswers evidently is new here and his answers have all been poor at best. You obviously have something that is temperature sensitive and these issues can be very difficult to diagnose. It could be a relay, a ground a corroded or ill fitting electrical connector or something else. Maybe do some internet research on the issue to see if others have had similar problems. Throwing parts at it is a hit or miss proposition and more likely will be miss than hit. Good luck with it.

10

I have the same problem..it's random..I have to have someone tap the starter with a screwdriver..but now that doesn't even work.I was told that if you reset the security system ..but I don't know how..going crazy myself..

52,045

Tapping on the starter has nothing to do with the security system. That sounds like a bad starter or loose connection either inside or outside of the starter.