Legal car moving

Asked by Aug 08, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Question type: General

I've git a SORN car in my garden with no insurance,
no mot and no tax. My mate said I can drive it to an
mot garage without insurance or tax to have it
inspected to see if it can be fixed and mot'd. Is this

2 Answers


It would be better to have it towed to the garage.


Better call the DVLA about the Statutory Off Road Notification vehicle and inquire about MOT inspection requirements..

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 47,210
Reputation 38,920
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 16,640
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.