Best vehicle to to a boat and trailer weighing 6000 lbs?

Asked by Jul 27, 2016 at 08:30 PM

I have a boat and trailer that weigh ~6000 lbs but have not had to trailer it in
and out of the water so far.  Will be living at altitude so I need to know a vehicle
that can handle the weight and has the power to drive in the Front Range of
Colorado.

52,115

Ford F-150 3.5 or 2.7 Ecoboost will hand that and more. Also being turbocharged the altitude won't bother it like a normally aspirated engine.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thank you Bob! I am looking at both the F150 and the F250. Do I need to worry any about the braking and hitch capacity of the F150?

52,115

Properly equipped F-150 will tow 11,000+ lbs. Also unless you need the power avoid the diesels. They are expensive to maintain. If trailer is heavy it should be equipped with trailer brakes. Also the hitch is not an issue.