'05 yukon

10

Asked by Jul 22, 2016 at 11:22 PM

My Yukon has multiple issues. It has
melted wires, 3 catalytic converters and
needs a new one again, melted the
computer. It has had 3 new converters.
New spark plugs multiple times. New fuel
injector. New fuel pump. New seals. New
wiring bundle. What could be causing this?

10

Oh new oxygen sensors too

56,575

Sounds like some serious electrical problems! A fire waiting to happen!! My first guess would be a charging system problem. Over charging most likely. Personally, I'd get rid of it. With what you describe there's a serious safety issue here. Fire, battery exploding from being overcharged, etc. We don't want you or your passengers getting hurt or worse. Trade it in, please!! HTH. -Jim

10

I owe too much on it. I have to fix it

56,575

I'm very sorry to hear that!! I'd start with the charging system then. Sounds like an overcharging condition. HTH. -Jim

10

Where would I begin with that

105

If your computer ecm is fried them you have no way of pulling codes, if you can't pull codes them you can't find out the source of the problem bud,if you really want that Yukon then you'll need new wiring harnesses and basically change out everything that's wired in that thing it will be pricey and will break the bank most tech 3s will say so best thing to do is make it a project car and get a new one or used and fix it as you can afford it,now granted if you can find the source of the problem then maybe you can salvage what's left but is a gamble It sounds like at this point

10

Well I have replaced the wiring harness already. And that's exactly what I did I bought a small car for work. I have a new computer and every time I fix what the code is and I turn around a week later and all the codes are back. I have had battery checked and my alternater shows to be good.