i have a 97 accord and it keeps killing the battery. i have to boost it a lot and the alternater passed. i tried a new baterry aswell but it wouldnt work

60

Asked by Jul 17, 2016 at 11:50 PM

87,005

You will have to run a battery draw test, unhook 1 battery cable and put a test light in between the battery post and cable end, if you get a bright light then you have a draw, now start by electrically disconnecting the alternator, if the light goes out you found your problem, a diode has went bye bye in the alternator, if it is still lit then start pulling the fuse's one at a time until the light goes out, when it does then find out what systems are on that circuit and repair or replace the offending componets, then start putting the fuses back in and reconnect the alternator.

87,005

Some vehicles will have a parasitic load that can cause the light to glow, this is normal.