2011 Ford Escape ECM/Gauge cluster

Asked by Jul 13, 2016 at 08:19 PM

I had my gauge cluster replaced with a used one from a
different vehicle and its showing the mileage from the
other vehicle. How do i retreive the correct mileage of my
vehicle to get that to show on my new cluster? In other
words what stores the lifetime mileage? Ecm or cluster

It's stored in the Ford EEC unit (computer) unusual your getting a reading off an old cluster with an eeprom mileage stored The Federal Government regulates this so you will have to pay for a certified odometer correction Ford tool IDS-VCM with card does this. The answer is both do, the EEC computer and the cluster record and store mileage.

I purchased the cluster on ebay and i plugged it in and read what im assuming is the old mileage from the previus vehicle. It was 60,480, my last know mileage before my cluster went out was 97,000. I had a ford dealer reprogram the cluster and install it for me. And it still shows the 60,480 mileage. So im just curious why they didnt restore my mileage?

They programed the cluster VIN for the RFID 80bit (chipped) immobilizer key I can still read / pull the correct original mileage off your vehicles computer stored in the EEC unit I can't speak for them about the mileage anomaly the tech Ignored. I know its a very large fine they could face.IF when it comes back to them. Go to a Ford Dealer and ask them for an OASIS report.

What is an oasis report?

Ok i looked up what the oasis report is, i really appreciate youre responses. Theyve been helpful. Thanks again