i have a 2007 chevy cobalt ls and when i drive over 5 minutes mybrake vibrate when using them and my steering wheel shakes and my gas pedal

Asked by Jul 13, 2016 at 11:16 AM

250

It sounds like your brake rotors are warped or grooved. This is common and can happen over time if brake pads are changed but the rotors are not 'turned' or shaved. The situation gets slowly worse over time and as soon as the brakes heat up, you notice more and more vibration. The vibration goes from the brakes directly to the steering wheel and that's what you're feeling. Please have your brakes thoroughly inspected soon.

25,805

I agree with all of the above, and will add: warped rotors tend to be felt in the steering and brake pedal but usually only when braking. If you feel it ALL the time, it may also be a problem with a sticking caliper.

19,530

Or a collapsing brake hose.