Start up

Asked by Jul 12, 2016 at 08:32 PM

At start up it sounds like it fires on about 4 cylinders
than dies if you mash the petal it dose the same but
backfires through The throttle body. And die s still.
Never dose it actually runs.  It a 2001 ram 1500 5.9
gas.  Replace crank sensor and fuel pump but no
luck  a pre thanks for your help if you will

16,850

When was the last time you had a tuneup ? Maybe a miss firing spark plug.

30 k ago I put new wires plugs cap and rotor button on. We took on a bout a 100 mile trip 2 Saturday's ago got home late went out next morning to go to town and that's when it started

16,850

No check engine light ?

No sir I'm Not sure!!! It won't run. Just turns over fires about 4 cylinders almost like one would do when its out of gas. Check engine light does comes on when you first turn key on when your soppose it check your gauges before you crank it

16,850

Does the check engine light go out after vehicle is started or does it stay on ?

Please Forgive me if I mis-lead you its hard for me to put in words on what it does. .. it won't run at all as soon as you let off the switch from start position it stops When you turn key to start it with the starter still in engaged it sounds like 4 of the 8 cylinders fires than than goes back to just turning over with the starter.... never dose it actually run on its on power

16,850

Oh ok get the check engine light scanned for codes even if light was on then went off it will store the code in its memory may tell you what the problem is but it sounds like the camshaft sensor just a guess.

Ok thanks for your sopport. Hopefully that'll tell me something I'm about ready to plant flowers in it. For a yard ornament.

16,850

Sorry did not answer you right back was night time here and was getting ready to go to bed but that is funny about the yard ornament. LOL