Car transfer

Asked by Jul 03, 2016 at 07:53 PM

What do I do if I find the perfect car but it's a
long way away from me

68,685

First and foremost have it inspected by a professional inspection company!! Never ever buy a car sight unseen!! I've used lemonsquad.com with excellent results. Next, get a shipping quote from a place like uship.com. I've also used them with excellent results shipping a car coast to coast. Then, send a bank draft via overnight mail to the seller. Instruct the seller to send you the signed title as soon as your bank draft clears. In the meantime you can post the shipment to be picked up. Your seller will have to coordinate with the shipping company for pick up and you will have to coordinate with the shipping company for delivery. You want door to door service. No point in having to pick up the car 50 or even 100 miles away at some terminal. If you're using an open carrier (cheaper) request for your car to be on the top tier. This way you won't have to worry about your new car being damaged by someone else's leaking engine oil, brake fluid, etc. from over top of your car. When the car arrives you and the driver will inspect the vehicle carefully to insure that no damage was done in transit. I've bought cars long distance twice. This is what worked for me. HTH. -Jim

22,725

May be easier to just re-examine your concept of "the perfect car"