I posted an ad, verified my e-mail, submitted my verification photo, but I can't find my ad when doing a search

15

Asked by Jul 03, 2016 at 10:54 AM

I posted my ad on Friday morning (2 days ago) and completed all the steps, including verifying my e-mail address and submitting the "fighting fraud" photo with a shoe on the hood.  I can click on "preview" and it shows my complete ad, with all the other photos I uploaded, and the status is listed as "active," on CarGurus 1 day, but when I search for my ad by make and model, it doesn't come up.  What am I missing?  It's been a couple of days now.

16,235

Did you add the VIN to your listing? I looked at your listing details (2008 Silverado) but don't see any VIN included. Every time I had the same problem as you, it was because I forgot to include the VIN. Hope this helps.

15

I listed the VIN in the box provided, right above the box where you type in the description. I just double-checked it for accuracy, and it's there...

15

Also, I just tried to "save" my own listing from the "preview" page, and when I check for it under saved listings, it says "listing expired." However, under preview, it says it was set to expire on 08/01/16.