Why won't dealers use email

Asked by Jun 29, 2016 at 02:55 PM

It's a minimum 3 hour round trip to see a car dealer, and I have little kids. I've
been trying to buy a car with minimal haggling all done remotely for weeks. For
some reason everyone wants to talk on the phone, which is kinda stupid
because email is less confusing and much easier to do at work. Right now I'm
10 emails deep with a dealer who is still trying to get me to get on the phone.
Is this a red flag? Are dealers that out of touch? Is there a hustle I'm missing?

No local dealers close to you? Buying from a distant and remote dealer can be... problematic, especially if and when you need to take the car in for servicing. If you think it's hard now trying to communicate with them while BUYING a car, wait until you have a dealer-repair issue.

They want you CAPTIVE! email is to easy for you to click away if you don't like the "PLAN" and emails can go to court. Unless you capture the audio of phone voice transmissions on digital media! some people think the phone is safe, Just let them know its being record like all the company's claim to do now.. Oh, 2016 .

So i guess the consensual is 'no more sketchy than average'. Is it any wonder people hate these people/this process

Dale Hartzfeld

Talk to them and if you are happy if what they are saying, ask them to email you the final deal. No email no deal. Most dealers will not have a problem with that.