2004 mustang

Asked by Jun 25, 2016 at 12:20 AM

How can I add more HP to my 2004
mustang? 3.9L engine?

97,135

Nitrous should do it in rather nicely, you could also supercharge it, or turbocharge it, all of the above will require engine modifications to handle the extra power, then taming it down you could chip the computer, cold air intake, full flow converters and exhaust. It all depends on how deep your pockets are.

Thanks for the suggestions Tennishoes. My pockets aren't deep enough to get all those parts at one time. Which of the suggestions you provided would be the most reasonable cost effective option to start off with?

49,395

Cold air intake, underdrive pulleys, headers, cat back exhaust, ECU tuner are the normal mods.

12,665

Total waste of money. Don't mod the the V6 save your money until you can afford the V8 mustang.OR DO all the mods gain a few horsepower.

97,135

Then start small get a cold air setup first, then the exhaust then the chip. This is the cheapest way too go. and use a local exhaust shop for your exhaust system, they can usually beat the ones on the internet price-wise.

You guys are car Gurus thanks for the knowledge