2002 ford Taurus sel IAC issues

Asked by Jun 18, 2016 at 08:21 PM

OK so I have a 2002 ford Taurus sel  was told to replace my idle air control valve so I did I checked the plus and everything but now when I turn it on it revs up and is going up to 3 and even went up to 4 on the rpm scale before I shut it off in fear of killing my engine, but before that it still wasn't idling right any ideas?

12,435

Start again, what was it doing before you replaced the IAC? any DTC codes? go back and check all your work any broken wires is the connector good? unplug it and start the car.. report back Sunday lol

It was apparently idling high which normally I wouldn't care about but there was a dtc code on, and guess who needs emissions done as far as I know the connectors and wires are goo everything's tight gaskets in correctly I'll try to unplug it and start the car, what would I be listening for just so I'm aware? Could it be a bad part? Should I try to put the old one back on and get a new one?