Car motor

Asked by Jun 14, 2016 at 04:10 AM

I have a 99 CHEVY TRUCK  WITH A 5.7 liter and  it
won't start, it has pressure all the way to the intake
when I push the pin in gas shoot about 4 or 5
inches in the air. When I turn it over it won't start,
but if I spray startin fiuld in the throttle body it
starts

92,955

Check the injector fuse, if it's blown you may have a shorted injector or wiring, if that check good then check for injector trgger signals from the ECM. If no signal you could have a bad crankshaft position sensor. Do you have a code scanner?

Best Answer

I'm in CALIFORNIA it's just start of the day time for me so what would the code be? THANK YOU Mr. TENNISSHOES. Anyway I ran outta gas in the TRUCK on SATURDAY but I put gas in it drove it about 50 or 60 miles parked it for the night and it wouldn't start the next morning, so I'll check out the thing's you said and get back to you TENNISSHOES

92,955

You also might want to check the fuel flow and pressure, this a spyder injection so the pressures are quite high and you did run it out of fuel, the pump could have sucked up some crud off the bottom of the tank plugging up the screens and the filter and possibly damaging the pump enough so it can't make the pressures required. Just getting start d here too.

92,955

Go to: http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/gm-obd2-codes/