AC in 2002 Dodge 1500 van

45

Asked by Jun 09, 2016 at 06:07 PM

picked up used van, but the AC not working. The recharge kit had a pressure gauge, and it read: zero pressure.  I recharged the system to 40 psi approx, but no cold air. Now I hear a "sssssssssssssss" leak sound from under the van, towards the back. Can't see anything.  I'm guessing it's a bad leak. Any ideas are appreciated. Stevo

13,005

Guess 1. Condenser most expensive has to be the first guess! Prevent a headache have it done. Guess 2. Line or hose has to be the second guess in a van very HARD to access. Regards, wait... everything's hard to get at in a van....

20

leak in cooling rods.......hopefully i am wrong coz then it will be cheaper for u..............