can a 2005 subaru outback leak from too much engine oil?

5

Asked by May 31, 2016 at 01:02 AM

can a 2005 subaru outback leak from too much engine oil? I checked oil today after about 10 minutes it was overfull by a finger's width. It was also dark BLACK. There is some dime size spots that are not super wet. Some wet oil on exhaust and where steering column  connects is wet.  Would this be considered a drivability issue? I have a gut feeling dealer is not going to fix it if it is a warped head even though he gave me a 60 day or 2500 mile warranty and a  C.A.R.S.  warranty of 90 days or 4500 miles which he did not charge me for and even took my car through CT emissions.In MA warranty only has to cover drivability,safety  issues.  I hope I'm just being paranoid and he will do the right thing.

13,475

The dealer will tell you this causes head gasket failure that's enough reason to drain some oil! CUSTOMER "Thanks for the info - I'm sick of this dealer. Sales dept was a joke - they wouldn't even wait on me. Now this, with service! Ugh!"