Disc Brake Conversion

5

Asked by May 27, 2016 at 07:58 AM

I just did a disc brake conversion on my 1969 Plymouth Fury III and the
brakes aren't any better then before the conversion,  I have to stand on the
brakes to get the car to stop. Could the Porportional valve be bad or hooked
up wrong? If this is the case does anyone know where I can get a
replacement valve?

12,445

Did you buy a "kit" do do this? it should have had a new proportioning valve and a master to handle the new design! Call them.

5

Yes I did buy a kit. It came with a valve to regulate the rear brakes and a plug to plug the hole from the original.

12,445

Call the company let them know the issue of such a "hard pedal" and no stopping power. Regards

10

If the car has power brakes the booster is bad if u just swapped from drum to disk brakes and ya dont have power brakes.....get a booster!!!

5

Changed boosters and still have the problem.