1992 Chevrolet custom deluxe 20 handicapped conversion van 350ci

Asked by May 25, 2016 at 04:39 PM

Installed new plugs, wires, distributor
cap,rotor button.still won't start.

95,265

So I am going to assume the you have no spark. The ignition module that sits right inside the distributor and the magnetic pick up coil that is also inside the distributor, I usually replace these both at the same time so they are matched time wise. You will have to pull the distributor and take it apart to replace the pickup coil, so make sure you mark it really well as it will have to go right back into that same position when you put it back in. Then after it warms up you will have to unplug the spout connector and reset the base timing to specs. then shut it off and reconnect the spout connector. Or if your feeling lucky just replace the ignition module and see if it fires up.