2006 Ford Fusio :Hit a curb, now shifting hard

Asked by May 25, 2016 at 02:16 AM

I hit a curb in my 2006 Ford Fusion. Had to reset a
button on the passenger side so it could get fuel
again, car started no problem. However, now it
shifts hard from one gear to the next. What would
cause shifting proverbs from hitting a curb? Pcm
sensor? Any answers appreciated.

I'm sorry shifting problems....

104,205

We're any of the drive wheels in contact with the crub? If so, you may have fractured the internal pickup screen causing the trans pump to pull air in with the fluid so the internal pressures are lower causing a higher and harder shift points. Is there a check engine light on?

Just tires.

After the incident car wouldn't start so I had to reset the inertia switch, it started fine but now shifts rough. Thinking I need to reset PCM due to the minor repairs.

104,205

What repairs were done?

Just new tires and a reset of the inertia switch,no prior trans problems

104,205

Ok, so it hit hard enough to wreck the tires, so it could have damaged the pickup in the tranny, it also could have knocked a ground wire off somewhere, possibly a sensor ground for the VSS. Trying an ECM reset without the proper equipment on this year may cause communication problems within the system, then you stuck with the dealer to reflash the system to the vehicles VIN. I think your best option at this point is a tranny shop, they should be able to plug in and check the pressures and solenoid operation and let you know what has happened.