1995 Chevy Tahoe 4 x 4 5.7 L

Asked by May 06, 2016 at 07:09 PM

Cranks but won't start
Hit it with a shot of ether fires right up but
idles high.

550

Have you checked your Injectors? Check an see if your fuel pump is kicking in an working. If your fuel pumps not kicking in then check to see if your FPDM, which is your Fuel pump driver module. Make sure its getting power. If your FPDM is not getting power then your fuel pump won't work. It will make you think its the fuel pump! If you have a tester test it. Let us known we will trouble shoot your problem the best of our ability. good luck

78,425

89yota it's a 95, it didn't have a FPDM back then just a relay. Ether will cause a high idle until it get burned out of the system. I'm with 89yota on the injectors, possibly partially plugged and it is running excessively lean. Have you tried pulling the codes yet? If not got to: http://www.troublecodes.net/gm/ That will show you how and the codes and what they mean. HTH

550

Thanks for the correction Tennisshoes!

37,975

Check fuel pump pressure, should be 9 to 13 lbs. You would want to do a dead head check on that one, possible fuel pump or the fuel regulator in the TBI may need to be rebuilt.

Thank u for all the help