Check Engine light

Asked by Apr 29, 2016 at 09:14 PM

My 2011 toyota tundras check engine light and slip
indicator light came on at the same time and
stayed on can anyone tell me what it means

5,865

I'd start with your battery...by now sufficient corrosion is playing hell with the grounding....intermittent ground combined with an OLD battery that should be on it's ole grandpa diabetic legs...is too weak to supply the 12 to 12.5 volts...my advise is rid the corrosion....a wirebrush and little brake cleaner of plain water and a rag should tidy it up nicely...THEN you'll have the non- fluctuating voltages to the ECU...which needs clean power~ YES there are Two 30 amp connections to the BLOCK and to the CHASSIS....please assure these connections have NO corrosion~

75,595

Go to Auto Zone and have the code, codes read. This will give you an idea on what the problem actually is. You can post the codes back here for further assistance.