Engine oil coming through air filter

Asked by Apr 28, 2016 at 03:21 AM

Motor oil is coming up through the
top of engine air filter

1,750

Sorry but your car may just becoming wore out. Wat year & How many miles?

Best Answer Mark helpful

No I don't think so because the mileage isn't all that high. Especially for a honda. Is only a little over 230,000 an its 1999

257,915

Before doing any engine work, check your PCV valve and associated hoses /crankcase vent system, it could be clogged causing the issue

That's what my husband and I think may be the issue. The car runs very well and has a strong sound motor. I've had a S-10 pickup that the rings were shot in an it had no power at all. Very sluggish

52,705

As Tom said, check the PCV valve. If it is okay it is likely that excessive wear in the engine is causing blow by which deposits oil in the air filter.

1,750

Have a compression test on cylinders done, that will tell ya. 230,000 is old no matter what car, lol!