How to get my car to start

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 02:28 PM

My car won't start because it's not getting fire.
We've changed the crank censor and it still
won't start. Could you tell me what I
might/need to do in order for it to get fire for it
to start please?!

71,355

Don't know what kind of car or what size engine or year it is, I could tell you anything.

12,405

For those of you that are wondering why you are not getting replies to your question Did you give the model, year, engine, and transmission information? If your vehicle has been altered from stock, let us know about that too.

My car is a 92 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra with a 3.3 engine and its an automatic. Sorry I thought I put this info in there.

71,355

Ok, if you are not getting spark, then the Ignition Control Module, and the coils would have to be checked out. Take them off and Auto Zone can test to see if there good.

Best Answer

Thank you very much!! I'll do that n then let you know what happens.

Could you tell me where the ignition control module is located please?

71,355

Your welcome.

71,355

Ahh, you got me on that one! But it should be on top of the intake manifold, a rectangle looking piece with wires running to it. You could go to the parts store and look at one, also the guys may be able to tell you where it is.

71,355

Go here to see a picture. Its on this page. http://www.carid.com/1992-oldsmobile-ciera-ignition-parts/delphi-ignition-control-units-24550474.html

Thank you sweets!

Ok so I've had the ignition control moduel and the coils checked and they're both good. Is there anything else I could check or change?

71,355

Ok then, from what I see, there is no distributor on there, right? So anyway, need to check that there is voltage running to the coils. Possible the mounting bracket for the coil pack may need to be cleaned up as the contact surface of the coil to make a good ground. Need to check this out, It may be the computer not sending voltage to the coils.