I stuck at a gas station my shifter wont come out of park how do I get it to come out im in a cadllac dts 2002

Asked by Apr 27, 2016 at 10:54 AM

49,295

Are you pressing the brake pedal? There may be a problem with the brake pedal switch that allows it to shift out of park.

49,295

See post number 3 at the link......http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985- 2005-including-1985/249983-03-dts-wont-shift-out-park.html

1,730

Are u on an incline, or hill? Sometimes the pressure of incline puts pressure on trans and u can't get it out of gear. If so rock the car back and forth (not side to side)

49,295

Failed solenoid at the shifter seems to be a common problem with these cars, but Mikbek has a good point.