general bad experience with car makes? want to buy car

Asked by Apr 24, 2016 at 09:59 PM

I want to by a new car manual (>20k hopefully bargain) but I do not know
which car brands to trust! everyone sells the good points, but I would like to
know the generalised bad points.

I would like a sedan, with a non-shit/ reliable quality engine and good
quality interior (and exterior) material.

For example - I have had my hyundai for 5 years (bought it 5 years old)
and within that time frame Ive had:
- gear stick problems,
- the head unit scratched CDs,
- ALL my door handles, external and internal have snapped at least once,
- my sun visor clips have broken on both (now it doesnt clip back into place,
just dangles)
- and had a pin in the ignition fall out and couldnt turn my key in the ignition
numerous times

So basically I am put off mainly the cheap materials used in hyundais. I
have also heard that ford (eg fiesta) materials are cheap quality and will
start to deteriorate and break reasonably sooner than other cars.

In your experience and opinion, is there a makes of cars that have
generalised problems? and which car would you recommend and why?

I know that a less expensive car means not as good quality parts, but what
is BEST for the cheap cars. Im not fussed about gadgets - I care about the
life of the car :) :)

please and thank you!

1,730

Boy i probably will hear a lot bout this from other guys,...lol, but my personal experience is Toyota is the best overall, reasonably inexpensive, well built long lasting car, but being in a northern state they tend to rust a lil faster than my 2nd pick which is Honda which is almost equal. U pay a lil more than american cars but they run forever with least amount of problems. I've put over 200,000 on american, German, and these. They've had least amount of problems. Let's see wat other guru guys say...lol! But those are my picks

150

id reckon a ford my dads mate has got a ford fiesta and its never let him down he`s had it for 9 years and its be a great car never let him down and always pasted mot`s i think fords are the best reliable Lauren x

150

fords are the most reliable and they look sick

1,730

Every ford back to 1970 i've had the trans have gone out early. Junk transmissions