Hello, I'm from Switzerland and with my family, we are going to travel around 4 months in USA + Canada (Boston, then Montreal, crossing Canada to Vancouver, and go down to California). For that, I would like to buy a car in Boston but I don't know how to make that, especially regarding insurances. Of course, I want to be perfectly in order with US lows. Could you help me ? Thank you very much. Cheers, Stephane

Asked by Apr 22, 2016 at 10:27 AM

37,925

If you go to a dealership to buy a car, new, or used, they can help with all the necessary paperwork for owning a car.

Thank you Mark for this quick answer. But in order to be sure, I have read many times from foreigners that to get the correct insurances we need to provide an permant US address, isn't it ? Mark, sorry to insist, but with 2 young children I have to be... Have you a dealership to recommand. Best regards from Switzerland, St├ęphane

37,925

What you can do is call any Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, etc. dealership to ask these questions. I wasn't thinking of the residency part, but I can't see that being a stickler here in the US. I suppose I can find out for sure if you can do this, since I had answered your question. Be easier for me to find out. It wouldn't be until next week since it is the weekend now. I can do this if you like.

Dear Mark, Thank you for your message. If you could find out a dealership for us to clarify the question, it would be very, very nice of you :-) Have a nice day and best regards from a cloudy Switzerland. St├ęphane

37,925

I'll give you the number of the major car dealership here in my town. It is called, Riverside Auto Group, Corporate Office, 906-786-1600. Riverside Auto handles Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Chrysler new and uses vehicles. The laws are different in every state, hopefully they can help. If I can be of further assistance, just let me know.