Asked by Apr 18, 2016 at 05:36 PM

I'm interested in a truck and the seller is
requesting my name, number and address.
I don't feel comfortable giving out private
info directly to someone I do not know

I used Jaguar in 1992 to ship my '61 olds from Oakland to was 600 up front..back will have to source that out~ phonecalls are required~

Protect yourself from unwanted solicitation by putting your number on do not call lists and taking other anti solicitation methods. (if that is what your worried about) Other then that, if you wish to do business with someone, they will have to have your contact information for correspondence, and your address if you are wanting to have a vehicle shipped to you. However, as i imagine since you know that they want your information you are already communicating with them ( I imagine through e-mail???), I would continue with the current form of correspondence that you are comfortable with. If they say they need the other information I would ask why, and act according to their response. But if they ask for that information in an ad for instance, it can be simply to be able to get in touch with you. I would use your best judgement but know that some type of communication will obviously be necessary. Also know that even if your number is "unlisted", it as well as your name and address are public information and available for people to get.