I have a 1991 dodge stealth es with a dohc 3.0 v6. ive replace the fuel pump, filter, injectors, plugs battery mass air flow and cold air kit. it will only start when you spray starting fulid in the throttlebody. Im getting fuel all the way up to the rails but injectors wont fie why? please help im building this or my niece for high scool graduation in june

Asked by Apr 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM

10,060

not impossible that your new fuel pump is bad right out of the box. check your fuel pressure to make sure it is within specs for your vehicle. also, you may not be getting injector pulse from the pcm. when you turn the key, the pcm should provide ground and activate the injector. check all of the fuses relays and wiring associated with the injectors.

16,790

Highly unlikely but it is possible a new pump out of the box is bad because it has happened to me before. What was the reason you replaced fuel pump ? Also may want to check fuel pressure regulator.