a/c doesn't work

Asked by Apr 15, 2016 at 03:55 PM

2012 ram 3500 6.7 non-dually. a/c worked great.  Turned the a/c off and went into the store.  A/c hasn't worked since.  The comp clutch engages, the lights on the climate control knobs are on, but the a/c doesn't blow cold. Any ideas?

Do you hear the blower running? If so it could be a stuck blend door in the heater box.

Let the compressor run for a couple minutes, open the hood (be careful) locate the AC lines touch and see if one is cold suction / low side or if the pressure / high side is hot ... If the lines not cold you lost your R134a Freon.. Normally the compressor will not engage if the system pressure is to low. Now if the line is cold and the compressor runs the issue is in the cab try cycling through all the vent positions.

Thank you for the help brothers. I will check all of these and let you know what I find.