Reeves are continously high for my Opel Kadett 1996 model

Asked by Apr 14, 2016 at 05:49 AM

I have a 1.6 Opel Kadett,1996 model.its reeves are very high and dont normalise.started
having the high reeves after the petrol in my tank had previously completely
finished.Reeves were high for a week or so then it normalised,then now the are high
again.Ive changed the air flow sensor,and the pump stil they continue.what could possible  
be the problem? And how can i fix it

Try disconnecting the Throttle position sensor check for corrosion clean if necessary then reconnect. also use a jumper wire and read the codes (flashing) light. Ann Arbor ,MI