Truck Motors

Asked by Apr 07, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Can I replace the motor in my 1992 Chevy
350 SS with my 2002 Chevy Silverado
1500

27,145

sure chang the brain also

73,845

I suppose one could do this but you will have obstacles to over come, like as Kelly mentioned you would need the OBDII computer and wiring harness to run that engine. Also the OBDII controls the transmission, so you would have to change that out also. You would need an upgrade on the fuel pump also as the one that you have now would not produce enough fuel pressure. Things like that.

23,225

nah- isn't that old engine a throttle body? and the new one port injection? idk, something like that- sounds like a lot of problems to me-

73,845

Say jamnblues, whats with this 1966 Chevy truck? Looks like a painting, looks nice. I had this truck for 17 yrs as my main vehicle and drove it over 500,000 miles.

23,225

Wow, Rowe- 500 thousand- don't make 'em like that anymore- yeah, that photo is my artwork- just have photos of cool cars- from the past- I have hundreds of 'em, and they are mine so no problem posting- let me know if you'd like one-

73,845

ruohomaki.ron@hotmail.com & that was after 4 different motors I had put in. Started with a 6 cylinder then 3 283 after. The last motor I had totally rebuilt, and she went. 8000 rmp no problem.