First car.

Asked by Apr 06, 2016 at 07:26 PM

I am looking to buy my first car, on kelly blue book I see a
lot of cars I'd like but my dream has always been owning
a BMW. A lot of my friends tell me the parts are very
expensive though when it comes to maintenance. Please
help and give me details on how much I would really need
to take care of my bmw. I'd also like to know which brand
isn't expensive on maintence. Thank you

78,105

A BMW should not even be on you first car list, in fact nothing European. Go with something American made and learn how to take care of a car first, then when your ready try European.

Best Answer
31,495

^^^^ What tennisshoes said. BMWs are very expensive to maintain and repair.

What cars do you guys recommend for a first car .. No trucks ... Preferably Coupes and sedans ... How about about Honda or Acura ?

78,105

Yes Honda or Acura even Toyota if you are going Asian imports, of the 3 the Toyota will be the cheapest to maintain, Honda a close second and Acura will be the most expensive. Another thing you should be considering is car insurance, you will need full coverage if you finance the car and if your a young driver just to cover yourself.

If you wanted to get a BMW 3 series, you could get financing for in the $300/month range. If you lease it, most of the routine maintenance will be included in the lease agreement.

31,495

JaclynFinanceGirl, I suggest it would be a terrible idea to make the first car new or leased and it would be even worse to make it a BMW.

78,105

Their just in it for the money, they don't care if it is a bad idea.