2019 Ford Expedition el

Asked by Apr 01, 2016 at 11:01 PM

My expedition has started to have ac issues. It blows cold
when you start off, then if you stop at a light it gets warm,
does not stay cold. Over and over again.  What could be
the issue?

1,730

Have you checked freon. Does compressor kick on and off,it shouldn't. If you add, make sure you put in dye to than b able to check for leaks

I have not checked the freon yet, but I will asap. I figured since it got cold at all the freon level would be ok. And I think there are two systems to check, a front and rear. Is this true on a 2010 Ford Expedition EL. Thank you in advance for any input.

No the compressor does not seem to be kicking on and off, which I thought was another sign of low freon, but will verify today.

247,175

Could be low on refrigerant, fan not working or an expansion valve. Take the truck to a shop that can check the high and low pressures on the system, and properly charge it and fix the leaks like Milbek mentioned.

Thank you. I sure hope its a refrigerant issue it does have 110,000 miles on it but runs like all Fords do, like the wind! Thanks again.