Help

120

Asked by Mar 29, 2016 at 03:07 PM

Help! I have bleed the system out (2000
Monte Carlo) if I'm doing it properly! It
drive good for two days and the third day I
got in it and drove it a mile it overheated!
The radiator cap and motor wasn't hot!
The temp gauge just went up! Then the
heater went from hot to cold backwards
and forwards! And the temp gauge was
going up and down! Could someone help
me please! Is there something serious
wrong or am I not bleeding it right??

66,455

Bleeding is as simple as removing cap from radiator,cranking car and letting it heat up while replace coolant as needed till full,but if you have not changed your thermostat,you might consider doing it,may be the cause of the over heating from sticking shut, this would all so explain flucutating temp.

120

Ok I have changed radiator, thermostat, hoses intake gaskets water pump fans sensors every thing! I'm so upset! Cuz it runs good for couple days then it gets hot again!

66,455

Are you loosing coolant?

120

No when I get up the next day after it cools down over night and I check it the radiator is full

66,455

There are few things that may be causing this,you have replaced most parts needed for coolant ,you may all so need to make sure the radiator coolant fan is working right,meaning check for sticky fan relay,may not be cutting on some times,the only other thing you need to check would be a compression check on engine,this would reveal if there is a internal engine issue.