i have a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 Lt

Asked by Mar 27, 2016 at 01:09 PM

idk whats wrong with it it over heats alot leaks coolent in the middle it looks like  and it just died on me today it lost all pwoer wouldent stay running and i found some oil where the spark plugs go so mabe a blown head? or gasket of some kind? and now it wont turn over when i crank it its like the battery is almost dead it barly will crank please help lol

241,335

You need to determine where the leak is from. A hose, water pump, radiator, etc. If coolant spewed all over the engine bay, electronics got wet and will prohibit the car from starting. From cranking, it sounds like you drained the battery. So let it cool down, add as much water as you can to the system, and jump the car properly to get the car running and drive directly to your local garage for repair.

no it dident splash out any water on the engin but i do know it might have some air in it the battery is ok it just wont turn over barley cranks

7,535

Pull the oil dipstick and check for coolant mixed with oil. If there is, stop there and have it towed. Could be blown head gasket, or cracked head or block. You can try pulling the spark plugs, and try to crank it. Don't have anyone stand near the engine compartment when doing this. Just bump the key switch when cranking (don't crank long). If coolant, and/or oil bows out of the spark plug holes, you may have a blown head gasket, and as above, have it towed.

Best Answer