Jeep Grand Cherokee 05

Asked by Mar 25, 2016 at 08:10 PM

I have a 2005 jeep Cherokee that has not
been starting up consistently. I did notice
today that it is leaking something from the
front. No lights on the dash and the car is
staying within the temperature range. I
don't hear any strange noises when I drive
it, and after it doesn't start I let it sit for
about 10 minutes and it starts back up

I suspect the battery is OLD and not connecting to the clamps as they have corrosion....stopping the full amperage through and voltage to the control box too~ perhaps the starter solenoid bolt to the cable has corrosion...ATTACK that place with a small wirebrush and replace the bolt~

as far as leaking from the there a battery acid leak from a puncture in the battery....someone clobbered the radiator? does it run HOT? would look at the coolant level if that fluid was coolant~...might be your evaporator the A/C ambient moisture collects at the evaporator...needs to go somewhere...often these tubes get plugged with spiders and ants~ then flood into the footwell~

Best Answer Mark helpful

I will definitely have them look at these things I'm super stressed about the situation

Had the battery checked it's ok I guess 60% life not running hot so I didn't think it was the radiator

drain tube...nothing to worry about~

Thank you so much I hope so took it this am hood wouldn't open had to order a hood release cable do you think it's not good to drive it