Hello I have a question about a car, I'm currently learning to drive just passed the theory test driving lessons on going great I want to buy my car now and keep it on my drive way till I've passed in a couple more months what's the law on this can I do that what will I need to do that just to park it on my drive way and not use it?

Asked by Mar 22, 2016 at 07:43 AM

217,125

Check with your states DMV for details. But to purchase a car yourself, you will need a drivers license.

Hi Tom could my brother get it in his name and keep it for me that way still on my drive way he has a full drivers licence

217,125

I don't see why not, but why not wait till your ready/able to drive it?

Ok thank you for the information

1,610

Most states allow u to buy a car without drivers license, just check dmv! But check yourcity as to what is allowed to park it in driveway. Where I live u cannot park car in driveway without tags. But other towns u can. Most states let u buy tags too even though u don't have drivers lic. If u can never put or car in someone else's name...not good!