Please help

Asked by Mar 21, 2016 at 05:18 PM

Hello, I have been to 2 shops and nobody
can tell me what's going on with my truck,
this is what it's doing, when I roll up my
window the dash lights dim, and then the
whole truck will shut down, a little symbol
comes on with a big arrow pointed down in
it, I will have to shut my truck off and restart
it, to be able to accelerate?

355

Seems as if you have an issue with the alternator or battery, or maybe a combination of the two, try getting your alternator tested at a shop or parts store, Autozone & O' Reilly auto parts will do this for free.

260

what kind of truck, make model year would be helpful. plus can you take picture of the warning light you're getting and upload here

355

The symbol with the arrow pointing down, is the battery & electrical discharge indicator, usually showing an abnormal electrical condition or possible indication of a shorting circuit.