How long should I wait to change Timing Belt on 2008 Odyssey (75,000 mi)

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 06:36 PM

I have 2008 Odyssey with 75k.  Nice shape.  How long should I wait to change
timing belt?  Dealer thinks age is part of equation.  I was going to wait till

Age is part of the equation. So do you feel lucky?

Best Answer

how about 85000?

lepp- it's BETTER TO BE LUCKY THAN GOOD, but, I would agree with Tom and change the belt right now. Listen, you're planning on doing this anyway, correct? And, keeping the car for some time? You're going to sleep better knowing it's done. Don't wait until a failure occurs. If that happens, it will destroy the engine.

My general rule of thumb is 8 to 8 and one half years regardless of mileage. Depending upon when your car was first sold, you've reached that point now. By the way, I have a 2010 Subaru Outback. I called Subaru of America for something and also inquired about the timing belt in my car. They said 105 months or 105,000 miles whichever comes first. My car is 76 months old with only 76,000 miles, BUT, I'm going to replace it around 100 months or sooner. It is the safest thing you can do.

Do u have the manual? I have a odyssey, I thought it was 100000? I took a chance longer than that and was ok, but I would feel safe with manufacturers recommendation or just a lil past. I pushed it but did take a chance!

204,525 2008-honda-odyssey-timing-belt-change-60-000-miles-100-000- miles.html