95 Toyota camry 3.0 v6

10

Asked by Mar 11, 2016 at 02:53 AM

I am losing between half to 3/4 of a gallon
of coolant everyday day or 2 depending on
the miles driven car starts to steam out
temp only hit 3/4 one time other than that
one time temps stays about half no visible
leaks that I have found what could cause
this to be happening also oil looks new still
not cream colored.

5,545

have you got over 200,000 miles?...cause I've seen them start drinkin' oil when they get that old....clearly the oil has to go somewhere other then the driveway...yes, it goes through the engine out the tail-pipe not sure there is much...have you changed the PCV elbow...if it doesn't rattle, crankcase fumes cannot be vented properly...this might be it...an 1.25 part~

10

Its not oil it's antifreeze bud but yes it's actually got about 430,000 miles on it

5,545

as I recall there is a glut of Japanese engines on the American market...the reason is they are STRICT about these cars...they will disassemble everything then put it back together for inspection...one flaw and it's shipped over here...will shop fer ye just to make sure that what I've been told is true~

5,545

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=95+toyota+camry+engine rebuild kit is only a couple hundred~

10

Everything else is great on the car except the overheating issue I think I gonna try a New radiator cap and thermostat before I tear into rebuilding the motor

10

Was radiator and thoermostat

5,545

Yay, Toyota's....you NEVER see them broke down on the side of the road like other auto makers...Saab, Volvo, Subaru...see those makes more often~ :)