So I changed the thermostat on my 2000 Toyota Camry, it still overheats. I have only driven it once since the change, and have not driven it since. The change went smooth, what is the next step?

5

Asked by Mar 07, 2016 at 11:27 AM

- I have done some research, and some people say that I have to let the air bubbles out? I already added a little bit of coolant to see if it would help. I don't know much about cars, so I have literally no idea what it could be. Please help, thanks in advance.

96,945

Most likely the radiator is plugged up but make sure your cooling fans are operating properly.

5

Thanks man! Now, another question, how do I check if my cooling fans are operating correctly? And how do I unplug my radiator?

96,945

Well you have A/C so when you turn it on the fans should turn on, that's one way the other is to run it to the specified heat called for ans watch for them to turn when they reach that temp, usually around 200 to 220 degrees. The right way to unplug a radiator is to replace it, there might still be some radiator shops that do rod outs but the cores are so thin most shops won't even attempt it any more.