I'm a 17 year old male and i am thinking of selling my current car, a 2008 F-150 for a 2007 BMW 335i, and i don't really know what goes into an import as far as repair costs and insurance rates increasing. I have a few offers for my truck and I will most likely put some money away per month to cover any costs that could arise on a car like that and slowly put money in (I only work about 12 hours per week now, which will increase in the summer, but I'm paying for most of the monthly payments on this new car). The problem that comes into play with me is the drastic increase in labor costs because for Ford, the prices can't be beat. I'm wondering how much the little things will cost... oil change, tail light out, check engine light, tire rotations, etc. Thank you

Asked by Mar 03, 2016 at 01:19 AM

Call the dealership, they have service packages that start around $40. And as for the check engine light that's going to be around $100 for them to just look at it. Depending on what is wrong with it and cost of parts and labor it can add up quickly. Like $1,000-$5,000. For the new car remember to consider sales price, plus tax and signing fee, and if you take out a loan to finance think of the monthly rate options. Depending on what type of car and your age will also effect your insurance rate. Choose wisely.