Car won't start

Asked by Feb 23, 2016 at 12:58 PM

I have a 2003 Pontiac grand am that won't
start . I have power but when I turn it over
it just clicks what do I do ?

5,035

get a new battery...if you tested this one would be short of the 12.5 volts they usually have NEW...also the cables are corroded...buy some new ones...use a wirebrush to remove all corrosion 'till a solid electrical connection can be made~ do not forget the secondary Black cable that goes to the motor block~ ....re-terate...BATTERY, CABLES, Clean with Wirebrush all connections prior to install.....and it's off to the races~

5,035

if you do not have the money...CHARGE you existing battery with a battery charger...my dad (who invented the Lead free car battery) says that after 10 years they stop taking a charge...so charge it if it'll accept the charge...if you're broke~

4,425

Just change the battery if is about 5 years old.