Kia Optima 2011

Asked by Feb 17, 2016 at 01:44 AM

The air condition of my Kia Optima seems not
cooling when am in traffic, it's cools early in the
morning and late in the evening but, during sunny
hours and hold ups, what could be the problem as,
I have flushed the compressor, refill the gas and
changed the filter

5,465

yes, the compressor is driven off of RPM's~ so it's not makin' the grade...an air conditioning shop can "tweak it" and will let a little refrigerant out and upset the balance to put more cold inside. there is a filter/dryer...and you've got to evacuate the system before refilling~ but yes the speed of the engine is at fault~

24,925

I would say either low refridgerant or the A/C fan is not kicking on with the A/C. Check your owners manual for fan relay and check it, or turn on the A/C open the hood and see if the fan kicks on.

70

Your clutch may be going. Have that checked.