Will the moter out of a 1997 dodge Dakota interchange in a 2004 dodge Dakota

Asked by Feb 15, 2016 at 11:32 AM

4,915

we have to know what the sizes are incompatible...simple bolt to bell housing with identical shafts...sure~ electronic transmission control will be different~ why do this? just fix the 97~

5,575

To give you a more accurate answer - No. there are three different engine that came in the 2004 Dakota. -- 3.7L (VIN K) -- 4.7L (4.7L, VIN N, 32 tooth crankshaft tone wheel), front carrier mounted LH rear cylinder block -- 4.7L (4.7L, VIN N, 32 tooth crankshaft tone wheel), w/o front carrier mounted LH rear cylinder block. -- The 1997 is not the same as any of these