1999 Dodge Ram w250

Asked by Feb 14, 2016 at 04:02 PM

Why is my truck flooding itself out with gas

I'm not sure why

170

What engine does it have in it?

360

170

That has the fuel pressure regulator instead of a return line to the fuel tank. Have you checked your fuel pressure? You should check it to rule out the fuel pump. It should read 49lbs. You might have 1 or 2 stuck open fuel injectors. Another thing you can check is see if your O2 sensor fuse is good. Fuel control comes from your first O2 sensor.

170

If you pump turns on and the fuel pressure gauge shows 49lbs then your problem lies somewhere eles besides regulator, pump, and injectors. Gotta check your fuel pressure.

Ok I'll check that I don't no what sensor is next to the throttle body in left side but if I unplug that it runs ok for awhile but then it'll shut off

170

That's the TPS (Throttle Position Semsor) that could cause your flooding. A malfunction in the throttle position sensor can give the PCM (Computer) the wrong information about the amount of air entering the engine. The can cause the PCM to deliver the wrong amount of fuel, and either flood or starve the engine, causing a stall.

Ok that wat I think it is cuz wen I unplug it the truck reves and then it'll try n shut off I plug it back in then it flooding from to much gas.