How do I get the tow hooks off the front of my dogs ram 2008 1500

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 09:58 PM

73,845

Unbolt them or cut them off with a torch.

Best Answer Mark helpful

I know that what Bolts and how many does bumper have to come off

73,845

You asked about the hooks. I don't have a Dodge hear to count the bolts for the bumper.

5,725

get help, Jimmy...a guy has to know how to use a flashlight!~

5,725

cut them off with a torch? that's rich Rowefast...are you going to keep a fire extinguisher handy or a running hose to put the paint-fire out? you know if a man built it, a man can disassemble it...we are not running a wrecking yard here....I'm just saying...tiptoe up to the problem without callin' in the A-10 Tank Carriers~

73,845

So you can't get to them to unbolt? or are they just froze up?

5,725

I picture myself in the rough part of town, on my back, trying to get the shifter link back into place so the transmission would get going...with my 66 chevy VAN...had me on my back in the snow more then I care to mention...so your hooks are held on by some bolts....bolts have a hex probably 19mm or 7/8....anyways with a socket set, take a flashlight to where the bolt head is and start unscrewin'...use a handle extension...like a piece of water- pipe if you cannot turn it...if it seems like a dangerous amount of force...THEN break out the propane torch and carefully heat the head until it glows..then turn those hooks off~...I gotta ask? Why do you NOT want hooks in case you need to be pulled out...like JAMIE DAVIS and his rotator can pull you off the cliff with the hooks...I think you'd better just keep them...they seem too useful to get rid of...in my humble opinion~