2002 GMC Sierra wheel hub assembly

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 05:03 PM

I put a brand new wheel hub assembly in and as
soon as I put it in a driver for a test drive the new
wheel hub assembly broke. Any help what could
be wrong . Could my steering knuckle be messed
up please help

72,375

Never heard of this. Obviously take out the hub assembly and have it warrantied, Curious, where did it break? And if you see any visual damage to the steering knuckle you should replace that also.

Thanks 4 answering. I steering knuckle looks fine. The new wheel hub broke right behind the shield. It's coming apart an you can see the bearings. Only drove it about 30 feet

72,375

You did have the axle nut torqued to like 135, 140 foot lbs right? And it is recommended to get the axle nut tight before putting it on the ground. Then check for proper torque on the nut.

It's the front an not 4 wheel drive. There is no axle nut

72,375

Ok I have ben looking at them so it just bolts on from the rear? Never the less sounds like a defective hub assembly. If I may suggest Mooge Wheel Hub assembly.

Thanks for all your help Rowefast